1. their argument ended when she slammed the door and left
without a word.
2. the guests at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the
3. johnny has outgrown the fear of staying at home alone .
4. while she felt like joining the argument,nancy was too shy to
5. what do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home?
6. it is very likely that he will be rejected by the army because of
his bad eyesight.
location of the new airport.
8. heys works of art are superior in many respects to those of his
9. it is obviously that his young assistant who is running the
10. being short of funds, they are trying to attract foreign capital.
A young fellow recently finished the works of Thomas Carlyle, winding up, if we remember aright, with the ten note-books upon Frederick the Great. "What!" cried the young fellow, in consternation, "is there no more Carlyle? Am I left to the daily papers?" A more celebrated instance is that of Alexander, who wept bitterly because he had no more worlds to subdue. And when Gibbon had finished the DECLINE AND FALL, he had only a few moments of joy; and it was with a "sober melancholy" that he parted from his labours.
譯文： 最近，一位年輕人讀完了托馬斯*卡萊爾的著作。如果我沒記錯的話，關于腓特列大帝的筆記他記了整整十本。“什么?”這個年輕人驚恐地叫道：“沒有卡萊爾的書可讀了?那我只能看看日報了?” 最有名的例子是亞歷山大，他因為已沒有國家供他征服而號啕大哭。當吉本完成《羅馬帝國衰亡史》，也只不過高興了一時，然后帶著清醒而又抑郁的心情，他向往日的勞動成果揮手作別。